Setting goals and objectives
- Name and business type
- Visualize short time and long term
- What will it be like when you have realized your goals?
- What do you see for yourself and your business in 1, 5 and 10 years?
- Write down vision: visualization key points > accountability
Establishing goal setting ownership and commitment
- “Living your best life begins with knowing what you really want out of life” Jack Canfield and Angelina Cheong
- The stronger the level of ownership and commitment towards the goal, the better the results will be
- Clarify real needs and desire
- Setting own goals and action plans >stronger ownership and commitment >motivation, responsibility
- Important aspects of goals
- Specific and measurable with a clear timeline for completion
- Achievable and yet challenging enough so that outcome is worth pursuing
- Enable the client to grow and develop in the process
- Questions to answer in establishing goals
- What do you want for your business?
Action steps (Plan) Gets you from where you are to where you want to be
- Steps must be aligned with goals
- Think about what you need to do to achieve your goals
- When to take action
- How often
- Target completion date
- Resources, reach
- Road blocks and obstacles
- List the things you need to do to achieve your goals
- Prioritize goals
- Do not be overly concerned about finding the “perfect” solution or goal
- Goals may need to be revised
- Celebrating achieving goals
- Keeping score of goals and action steps
- How would you know how goals are progressing?
- Goals for utilizing NCHC membership to your advantage
This goal setting process will help you reach your goals and have a more fulfilling life.